Amazon Reports Record Holiday Sales
The eCommerce giant reported a record-breaking holiday season for Amazon Prime, Amazon Original Series and Amazon devices.
More than three million members worldwide joined Prime during the third week of December “bringing milestone growth” to the annual $99 membership program.
During Amazon’s official holiday season, which runs Nov. 1 to Dec. 19, more than 200 million items were shipped for free to Prime subscribers. Amazon also said it sold more than double the amount of its own devices compared to last year’s holiday season.
“This was another great holiday season to be a Prime member, and we welcomed three million new members in the third week of December alone,” said Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos. “Over 200 million more items shipped for free with Prime this holiday, and members doubled their viewing hours of Prime Video compared to last year with the Amazon Original Series The Man in the High Castle leading the way as the most watched TV season ever on Prime Video.”
Here are some highlights from its annual holiday sales report:
- Record number of units shipped worldwide with Amazon Prime.
- More than three million customers joined Prime in the third week of December.
- Amazon Prime membership continues to grow, and there are tens of millions of members worldwide.
- Record number of movies watched on Prime Video in 2015.
- Amazon shipped to 185 countries this holiday.
- Amazon devices were top-selling products across all of the items available on Amazon.com this holiday season – No. 1 was Fire, No. 3 was Fire TV Stick.
- The all-new Fire tablet and Amazon Echo topped this year’s most wished-for and gifted items for Amazon.com customers.
- Nearly 70 percent of Amazon.com customers shopped using a mobile device this holiday.