Amazon sellers sold a record-breaking number of items last year, with over two billion products shipped worldwide in 2014.
On Monday, the company released a set of statistics documenting e-commerce rates across the 12-month period. There are currently more than two million sellers on Amazon internationally which account for over 40 percent of the total units sold on Amazon.
Amazon says the increase can be put down to rising adoption of the company's Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service, which gives sellers access to storage, shipping systems, Amazon Prime benefits and streamlined international trade. According to the firm, adoption of the service increased by over 65 percent year-on-year.
Highlights of the report are below:
- Sellers on Amazon from more than 100 different countries around the world fulfilled orders to customers in 185 countries using the FBA service.
- China and Hong Kong-based sellers with international sales grew 80 percent year-over-year.
- Product selection available through FBA on the Amazon.in (India) marketplace more than tripled year-over-year.
- Holiday deals offered by sellers on Amazon worldwide grew more than 250 percent year-over-year during the 2014 holiday season.
- Units sold by sellers on Amazon worldwide offering holiday deals grew more than 400 percent year-over-year during the 2014 holiday season.
On Cyber Monday, over 16 million units were sold on Amazon, orders processed by businesses using Amazon Payments increased by over 60 percent based on 2013 results. In addition, over 25 percent of Login and Pay with Amazon payments were made using a mobile device.
Pence Fills in for Trump, Pressing Hard Line on Venezuela and Promoting US Trade in Latin America
"Where Do We Go From Here?" Posted Oct. 23, 2011, 9:32 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt On the one month annivers...
Taipei City Guide - Interactive Country Guide Interactive Search City Guide - Country Guides eBook Author: R.G.Richardson No typing jus...
Lima City Guide - Interactive Search City Guide - Country Guides eBook Author: R.G.Richardson No typing just pick and click with over 1...